It is ultimately the responsibility of the Licensee to obtain all necessary permits for the Event. This includes, but is not limited to, pyrotechnics and/or Cleveland Fire Marshal approval, etc. The use of flammable, open flames, volatile materials, or materials under high pressure are not permitted within the I-X Center unless as an approved activity or exhibit. All activities and/or exhibits with flammable, open flames, volatile materials, or materials under high pressure require a minimum of seventy-two (72) hour advance notice, prior to the first Event date, for review and written approval from the Event Manager and Cleveland Fire Marshal (if applicable). An on-site Cleveland Fire Specialist may be required, and charges will be applied to the final invoice at prevailing rates.
The following provides additional information regarding fire regulations:
- No gasoline, kerosene, diesel fuel or other flammable liquids may be stored inside the building.
- No re-fueling activity of any kind is permitted within the I-X Center or on I-X Center property.
- Vehicles with gasoline engines may be displayed with a maximum of one eighth tank of gas.
- A locking gas cap must be installed, or the tank must be adequately sealed by tape or in some other appropriate manner. All battery cables must be disconnected and taped to avoid potential sparks. A City of Cleveland Fire Prevention Compliance Card must be displayed on each vehicle and approved by the City of Cleveland Fire Prevention Bureau. Unauthorized vehicles will be removed at owner’s expense.
- All gasoline engines must be AGA approved.
- The use of welding equipment, open flames or smoke emitting material as part of an exhibit must be specifically approved on an individual basis by the City of Cleveland Fire Prevention Bureau. Written specifications must be submitted to the I-X Center Event Manager for review and approval by the City of Cleveland Fire Prevention Bureau.
- All materials used in exhibits must be flame retardant. All such material is subject to inspection and flame testing. Certificate of compliance should be readily available.
- Crates, wooden boxes, packing material, etc., may not be stored in exhibition areas, meeting rooms or exit areas. Under no circumstances will crate or equipment storage be permitted to obstruct emergency exits from any area of the building. This rule is strictly enforced.
- Firefighting and emergency equipment may not be hidden or obstructed, including fire extinguishers, fire hose cabinets, fire alarm pull stations and standpipes.
- All emergency exits, exit doors, hallways and aisles leading from the building are to be kept clear and unobstructed.
- All heating units on the main exhibit hall floor must have a 2′ safety aisle around them to allow units to function properly. Exhibits in these areas must keep this safety aisle clear and not obstruct these units. Exhibits in these areas may need to be adjusted to 10′ x 8′ to meet this requirement.
- Clear access must be maintained to all restaurants, cafeterias, lounges, permanent food service facilities and utility panels.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.