IT Systems Administrator
Report to: Executive Vice President, IT Manager
Date posted: 8/23/2018
If interested, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@ixcenter.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position works with the IT Manager on day to day IT operations at the International Exposition Center to include network and communications functions, server and desktop support, event based video advertising screens, project management, and business systems support. The IT Systems Administrator works with the IT Manager to develop & execute policies and identifies application opportunities to meet business objectives for improved electronic communication, customer service, and operating efficiencies.
Nature and Scope
- This is a hands-on technical management of data communications, business system software, electronic connectivity, and office and event computer and IT technology needs.
- Responsible for maintenance of technology systems on a daily basis.
- Position requires being on-call for support of different shows and events throughout the year.
- The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with all management levels, and participate with them in the development of strategic plans.
- The IT Systems Administrator must have a broad knowledge of overall business functions, and a solid background in technical services.
- The incumbent must also remain current in the state-of-the-art technologies for recommendation of cost-effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science-or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in related technologies.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MSCA) preferred
Knowledge of the Following Technical Areas
- Networking and Wi-Fi (Basic knowledge to do troubleshooting before escalation)
- Printers/Print Servers and troubleshooting issues related to printing
- PC Imaging
- Active Directory (Basic Knowledge)
- Citrix (Basic Knowledge)
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012 (General Familiarity)
- Hyper-V Virtualization (Basic Knowledge)
- Knowledge of backup products (Rapid Recovery, Symantec, Acronis, etc.)
- Network and telephone cabling
- VPN – IPSec & SSL (Basic knowledge for troubleshooting before escalation)
- Windows 7, 8, 10 and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of POS systems a plus.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, vacation, holidays and 401k. Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Compensation commensurate with experience.